3.31.2011

New York day one


For Spring break this year my Mom and I went on my dream trip to New York. We hit the ground running and didn't stop for many breaks. We arrived in Newark New Jersey at six in the morning and were in our motel in New York at about nine. We couldn't check into our
motel so we dropped our bags off,
went to a diner across the street for breakfast and took a walk in central park. I was excited to see the Alice in Wonderland statue because it was part of the set for one of my favorite movies filmed in New York, "Remember Me."

Hans Christian Anderson and the ugly duckling which was my part in a play last year.

Then we went to the Metropolitan museum of art and saw Ringo Starr's gold drum.
I am a major Beatles fan.

A postcard of this painting has been in our bathroom since I was a baby so it was amazing to see the real original thing in the museum.

We then explored New York fashion... I couldn't help but put this because her coat is well...
shocking

Next my Mom and I went to an Asian coffee shop and got hot chocolate. It was the cutest hot chocolate I have ever had!

Look at it's face!

In the early evening we made our way up the Empire State building for sunset and the city lights. I like this picture of the shadow of the Empire State building over the city.

Then the city lights come on and I just ADORE this picture. It is one of my favorites that I captured on the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment