9.29.2012

Elephant Appreciation Day


Elephant appreciation day was fantastic! My mom and I spent lots of time preparing food ahead of time, but really that was half the fun. We made lemon and chocolate elephant cookies, elephant shaped melon, and elephant chocolate covered Oreos. We had tea out of elephant teapots, and watched "Water for Elephants!" Elephants covered the house from the tea towel, to the stuffed animals, and pillows. There were probably nine people here and everyone had a good time! I thought my elephant shaped melons was definitely the most creative. We bough a golden melon and a watermelon and cut them into thin slices. I then used a cookie (the same one for the cookies) and made elephant melon. The molds for the chocolate covered Oreos came from Joann's Fabrics and the cookie cutter from Pike Place Market. I had forgotten  how totally depressing "Water for Elephants" is until the end, but in the end it's such a gorgeous story!

3 comments:

  1. Hi I was just looking for an oreo mold with elephants and I came across your blog... Would you mind sharing where you got it?? Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found it at Joann's Fabrics. It was on a sheet with a monkey and a lion! I hope you can find them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I will check Joann's! I love the elephant desserts by the way, very cute!

    ReplyDelete