8.13.2014

On The Road Day 2: To Boise

Today we continued on to Boise, Idaho through Oregon. Around the Oregon-Idaho border there were
thunderstorms with lightning and everything, but other than that the ride was smooth. It was sunny in Boise. The scenery was not what you would call verdant. Most of the plants were brown and there was much desolation, but it was beautiful in its own way.

 The first thing we did after checking into our hotel in Boise was exploring the state house. I am very interested in history and love to go the the state houses in each place I visit.
 We then walked around downtown Boise. It is actually a very cute little college town.



Now for EATS: Eat Across The States! We ate dinner at a place in downtown Boise called Fork. My mom and I split a salad (the house specialty with smoked salmon, couscous, arugula and pesto dressing) and fish tacos. The food was reasonably priced and delicious. There were plenty of fish and vegetarian options for me since I don't eat meat. The atmosphere also added to the experience. It is in the old Boise City bank building. I would definitely suggest this to someone else visiting. The only downside was the party of twenty right next to us!
Next stop: Salt Lake City

No comments:

Post a Comment