11.30.2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

The holiday season in New York City is magical, it is romantic. As the snow fell, and Santa passed us during the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade I felt that magic. You always see the Macy's Parade on television of in movies like Miracle on 34th Street, but what no one tells you is how cold it is. No one tells you that as you walk back to Grand Central Station to take the train up to the suburbs for Thanksgiving dinner that your toes will be so numb from the cold that your walking speed is diminished by at least half. I'm here to tell you that happened, but I'm also here to tell you it is magical. The parade is just as wonderful as in the movies, the streets of New York dusted in snow are just as romantic (at least in the beginning before it turns to ugly slush which I haven't seen yet). Grand Central was crowded with young people leaving to go to Westchester or Connecticut for dinner. While the lines were endless, I loved feeling like I was part of the large group of people going to see their families. I actually went and had dinner with a very nice family who Barnard matched me up with through the Barnard Alumnae Thanksgiving thing, but still. I guess what I am saying is New York is what you make of it. A lot of people hate it, but I love some of the exact things other people despise.

Celebrities including Nick Jonas, Pentatonix, American Authors, Lucy Hale, and KISS came by. Above is Idina Menzel

The day after Thanksgiving I went to the Met to see the Christmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment