12.18.2014

Finishing First Semester

It is hard for me to choose a favorite season in New York City. I have now been here for each season. Spring brings flowers and central park grows leaves again. Summer is warm, but I love the heat. The crisp fall air and foliage are magnificent. Winter brings an amazing holiday spirit, beautiful lights, and snow. I feel that despite nights spent in Butler library cursing my psychology class I really made the most out of my first (of very very many unless I die soon) December in the city.
I went to the pre-taping for the Rockefeller tree lighting with Idina Menzel, Seth McFarlane, Sara Bareilles, and (supposed to  be) Maria Carey. The last on that list actually left us waiting in the cold for two hours before canceling her set due to "circumstances out of her control" AKA rain. I was so glad to get to go to the pre-taping since the actual tree lighting was too crowded and we were unable to see it.
Love the lights on college walk. I can see these from my dorm room.
John Jay dining hall got all decorated for the holidays. My roommate and I had a nice roommate dinner during the Christmas festivities.

I went to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. I loved it and though it is a bit cheesy I would love to make this a Christmas tradition.
Barnard has an annual midnight breakfast after the last finals study night. I ended up covering a protest during it for Spec, but before the protest I had a great time enjoying the event with Millie the bear (and above my friend Elena.)
Finally my friend Anna from the summer program at Barnard who I visited in Dallas came to visit me in New York. We went to the Nutcracker, iceskating, Radio City, and other fun christmas in New York things.
Pictured above is the snowy view from my window. We really didn't get any real snow. We got a dusting and Caroline and I set up a fireplace on my computer. The fort sign is from the intense for we built the previous night. All in all it was a great December even if my 18th birthday consisted of two finals and studying for a 3rd. I'll talk more about my birthday in a future post, but for now Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment